11.4. The blocking switch - check and adjustment
1. The switch performs two functions - closes backing signal wires at position of the selector R and prevents inclusion of a starter in provisions of the selector of others than P or N. Check and adjustment of the switch are necessary in case lamps of a signal of a backing do not burn or the starter does not join in position of the selector of P or N.
2. Disconnect from the switch of a wire and remove the switch.
3. Check a chain between sensor conclusions at each position of the selector (photo).
Transfer the selector to situation N and be convinced that the chain is closed at a variation position of the selector approximately on 1,5 ° in both directions.
3.5a the Screw of an adjusting opening (on a part of rear wheel drive cars).
3.5v Move the switch with a bar, conceal that the adjusting opening coincided with an opening in a rotor
4. If the corner of shift of the selector at which disconnection is observed differs from norm, or conclusions become isolated not in all provisions of the selector, then the switch needs to be adjusted.
5. Execute the following:
1). Transfer the selector to situation N.
3.5g At adjustment of the switch on all-wheel drive cars 1987 - 88 pass a bar through openings in the switch and the lever of the selector
2). On cars except all-wheel drive 1987 - 88 unscrew the screw (photo).
3). Release bolts of the switch (photo).
4). Move the switch with the bar with a diameter of 2 mm inserted into an opening so that the adjusting opening coincided with an opening in a rotor behind the switch. Holding the switch in this situation tighten bolts.
5). Get a bar and wrap the screw.
6. After adjustment check a chain between sensor conclusions (see above).
During the abnormal operation of the switch after adjustment replace the switch.