2.11. Check of a condition of the hoses located in a motor compartment.
1. Hoses of the conditioner are checked and change only in service of car service.
10.2 Extraction of a scraper from the brush holder
2. Under the influence of high temperatures in a motor compartment gradually there is a hardening and destruction of the rubber and plastic hoses ensuring functioning of various units of the engine. It is necessary to check periodically a condition of hoses, existence on them of cracks and hardening, weakening of connections, tightness violation. The procedure for test of hoses of the cooling system is described in section 9.
3. A part of hoses fasten by means of collars. Check durability of an inhaling of collars as weakening of fastening leads to tightness violation. In those places in which collars are not provided check reliability of consolidation of a hose on unions, loss of elasticity in such connections owing to swelling or hardening of hoses is not allowed, otherwise tightness of connection is broken.
4. Vacuum hoses can be distinguished on color, or on the color strips pasted on them. For various systems of the engine vacuum hoses with various thickness of walls, resistance to compression by the atmospheric pressure and thermal stability are used. When replacing track that new vacuum hoses in accuracy corresponded to replaced.
5. Often the hose can be checked only after removal from the car. If several hoses are removed, then previously put tags on interfaced the union and hoses subsequently not to break their relative positioning.
6. When checking a condition of vacuum hoses examine also plastic tees at the same time. Check existence on them of cracks, and also deformations of a hose in the place of a prileganiye to the tee union which can be a tightness cause of infringement.
12.1 Height (h) and free wheeling (a) of a pedal of a brake 1. Pusher 2. Switch of a signal of braking Z,4-Lock-nut 5. Floor
7. For check of leaks listen through a hose piece with an internal diameter about 6 mm, having put a hose to the checked place. Characteristic "hissing" will indicate leak existence.
8. Check a condition of rubber fuel hoses, existence of damages for them.
9. When replacing the fuel highway on injector engines the new highway has to correspond in the accuracy applied in fuel system of engines of this type.
10. When replacing hoses always establish collars with screw fastening.
11. Metal tubes are usually used in the fuel highway for connection of the fuel pump with the fuel pressure regulator on a comb of nozzles. Check existence on tubes of the twisted sites and the small arising cracks.
12. When replacing it is necessary to establish only seamless steel tubes. Tubes from copper or aluminum do not approach as do not maintain vibration loadings from the engine.
13. Check a condition of metal tubes and unions of system of a hydraulic actuator of brakes in junctions with the main brake cylinder and the batcher, existence of cracks and the weakened connections is not allowed.