2.40. Replacement of cooling liquid
1. Periodically it is necessary to wash out the cooling system and to replace cooling liquid to prevent corrosion and scaling. At service of the cooling system it is necessary to check and if necessary to replace all hoses and a stopper of a mouth of a radiator.
2. Put the car on the emergency brake and block wheels.
3. On the cold engine turn off a radiator mouth stopper.
4. Substitute a vessel of suitable capacity under a drain opening of a radiator. On V6 engines unscrew the ventilating valve, having turned counterclockwise to capacity (photo).
5. After all liquid flows down from a radiator rearrange vessels under a drain stopper of the block of cylinders. On 4 - cylinder engines the stopper is in the left back part of the block, not V6 engines till 1990 - behind the generator, on V6 engines after 1990 - 2 stoppers, about the generator and near the right support of the engine.
6. Check a condition of all hoses and connections.
7. Replace all damaged hoses.
8. After liquid flows down wash out a radiator flowing water.
9. A rust and a scum in the block of cylinders and in pipelines it is possible to remove with chemical means which apply according to the instruction of the manufacturer At strong pollution of a radiator, existence of mechanical damages and a leak, the radiator should be removed and taken to repare.
10. Wash out a broad tank.
11. Turn and tighten all drain traffic jams.
12. Slowly fill in fresh cooling liquid from water and antifreeze in the ratio 50/50, before filling of a radiator. Add liquid in a tank to the lower mark. On the V6 engine close the gate
13. With an open mouth of a radiator start the engine warm up the engine until top went! will not become hot.
14. Stop the engine and let's cool down. Add liquid to bottom edge of a mouth of a radiator.
15. Remove air, having pressed on the top hose, close a stopper.
16. Warm up the engine, and be convinced of lack of a leak.